Thursday, February 25, 2010

My first attempt

So I finally did it. I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now but never got around to it. And I discovered why. It's not because I have 12 kids and don't have much free time, although that did contribute to it. No, it's because I was afraid and full of pride. In two directions. First, what if no one reads it because no one cares enough? Well, I had to come to the realization that I'm not doing this for others. I'm doing this for me. To help me clear my thoughts, remember the days when my kids are with me, capture moments I know I will forget (probably by next week because my memory is so bad). Second is, what if people DO read this? My inner thoughts will be exposed, people will realize that I'm not clever or funny or wise. God forbid people should know the real old boring, ordinary me! What if people critique me? Well, again, I'm doing this for me. And I could use some lessons on dealing with criticisms. I've always been bad about that.

So, I will blog. It won't be the most fantastic blog out there or the most interesting or the wisest. It will be mostly about my children and my husband because they are my life. And I am ok with that. I love being a mom and a wife. That is what I know, so that is what I will write about. So if anyone is reading this, thank you and welcome to my life!

So, that being said, let the fun begin!

3 comments:

  1. Oh don't you worry, we will critique...MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ok, maybe not like *that*. I know what you mean about wanting a place to clear your head and organize thoughts. I have thought of this for a long time, too. Now you might make me feel guilty for not having done it, since I have 1/3 the number of children that you do, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived with you (kinda). I know you're not perfect. No one is. I love the clever, funny and wise parts of you, AND the boring, ordinary ones as well. So there.

    Looking forward to your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete